I don’t know about you but as soon as the cooler weather starts moving in my scalp goes crazy. It becomes more prone to sensitivity, dandruff and just generally becomes itchy and sore. This super simple DIY used once a week will change your scalp completely leaving your scalp feeling gorgeous, moisturized and your hair super soft and shiny.
1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil
A few drops of Tea Tree Oil
Why? Coconut Oil is a great way to add moisture back into the skin and hair quickly. It’s also will leave your hair super soft and shiny so really this treatment is killing two birds with one stone! The Tea Tree Oil has natural antifungal, anti-inflammation and antibacterial properties so it’s perfect for soothing an itchy scalp.
- Measure out a tablespoon of your favorite Coconut Oil and zap it in the microwave to turn it from a solid to a liquid. If it’s a liquid already then skip this step.
- Now add in a few drops of tea tree oil and mix!
- If your coconut oil has lost a bit of warmth or you didn’t have to zap it in step one, pop it in the microwave for approx. 15 seconds to warm the liquid through.
- Start applying to hair working from scalp downwards - make sure you’re doing this in the bathroom because it can get messy!
- Tie your hair up in a bun, apply a shower cap or some cling wrap around your hair and wait 10-20 minutes.
- Shampoo twice (to make sure all the coconut oil is rinsed out and follow up with conditioner as usual.
Tip: Dry scalp isn’t an issue for you? Leave out the Tea Tree Oil and just use the Coconut Oil as an intense hydrating treatment for luscious locks ;)